HONEY Cheesecake ~ YUM!
Nothing like home made goodness! This cheesecake recipe is the BEST we've tried. It takes on the yummy flavor of the honey. Susan Marie's HONEY crop this year is a true winner - it truly makes this cheesecake!
An added bonus was the fresh blueberry topping. These blueberries were complements of the homeowner where several of Susan Marie's bee colonies are located. This is the first season this homeowner has experienced the abundant pollination of honey bees. She couldn't help but call us up and tell us to come get some blueberries!
Give this recipe a try!
SUSIE’S HONEY CHEESECAKE - from Beekeeper Susan Marie’s Kitchen
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup finely ground walnuts
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 ½ pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup local honey, plus 2 Tbsp for garnish
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
2. Coat inside of 8-inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
3. Mix melted butter with ground walnuts and graham cracker crumbs;
Spread and press evenly in pan coating bottom and sides.
4. Beat cream cheese and ¾ cup honey with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time; Beat in sour cream and vanilla; Beat in flour, cinnamon, and salt.
6. Pour into crust and bake about 1 hour or until lightly browned and a little puffed. Cheesecake will jiggle in the center but will set as it cools. Cool on a wire rack about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate.
To serve, drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp honey and garnish with berries and nuts, if desired.